Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Goran Visnjic on PETA ad!


Perhaps I am a bit farfetched but this ad got me thinking. 

There is this certain characteristic which has been reinforced over and over again in me: Humanity. It is the first fundamental principle in the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (which I am part of :). To me, humanity means aiding people who are suffering, simply helping someone who needs it disregarding my interests or origin. 

So why is it that some of us(humans) seem oblivious to the suffering of animals?
I bet a scientist working for Pantene would give his/her life to end the suffering of his dear ones yet, they choose to participate in cruel acts such as animal testing. There are exceptions, perhaps the fur maker that works long periods of time to feed his family, can not get another job, but he still contributes to the bigger picture.

I really think we need to recheck our values and realize that animal cruelty should not be an option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment